The Customer-Technology Connection
05/02/17 | 9:29AM | Posted by TEAM Software
There are two key pieces to our business – customers and technology. We can’t have one without the other. We’re only successful when our clients are successful and they can’t run their businesses efficiently if we don’t provide top-level software solutions. “Effective two-way communication with our customers is key. We want to build solutions that our customers value and not use resources building those that they don’t,” said John Leiferman, President and CEO of TEAM Software.
That’s why our strategic plan is centered around connecting with our customers and developing technology that will create value for the future. Here’s how we’re doing it.
Connecting with Customers
- Regular touchpoints. Whether it’s a phone call or an in-person visit, our account managers make it a point to check in with our clients on a regular basis. We’re all about being proactive and anticipating client needs and not just waiting for the phone to ring when they need something.
- Client Advisory Boards (CABs). We’ve been actively involved in the building service and security industries for nearly 30 years, but it’s still crucial for us to get feedback directly from contractors who experience the challenges and shifting landscape of the industries first-hand. That’s why we host Client Advisory Boards, or CABs as we call them, so we can meet with clients to discuss pain points and changing needs within their respective industries. That information is then used to help guide our product roadmap for future software development.
- Our Client Services department’s sole purpose is to support end users, and this year we changed the amount clients are charged for support calls — $0 per call. So, now clients can get the help they need without worrying how it will affect their bottom line. In addition to Client Services, our help website Solutions Online is available 24/7 and can easily be accessed by pressing the F1 key in WinTeam.
- Client Idea Portal. The Idea Portal was created as a way for our clients to interact with our Product Management team and with each other. Since launching the Idea Portal, there have been hundreds of new ideas submitted and clients have voted on their favorites. The two most popular ideas were both planned as part of our product roadmap. And, the third most popular idea is being evaluated, too, because of its popularity. See, our clients are making a difference together.
- TEAM Client Conference. Every year, we host TEAM Client Conference, so we can meet our clients face-to-face. At this year’s event, we hosted 186 client attendees from 81 different companies at the end of March. It was a great couple of days filled with learning, networking and just downright fun. We know how valuable attending the conference is, and that’s why we offer all clients one complimentary registration to attend the event each year. Be sure to save the date for next year: April 17-19, 2018 at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel.
Developing for the Future
- Product roadmap. We created this to help guide the future of TEAM’s technology. We’ve already released some pretty major stuff this year — ACA compliance updates, HR benefits automation — and that’s just the start.
- Insights Dashboard. We showed attendees a live version of the insights dashboard at TEAM Client Conference in March and the feedback was just as we expected — clients want this and are super excited to get their hands on it. The insights dashboard takes all that valuable data housed in WinTeam to create analytics designed to provide key performance indicators. We’re evaluating the feedback we received, and we’re hoping to have the final version ready for client use in a few short months. Stay tuned!
- Payroll Tax Engine Update. WinTeam is getting an updated payroll tax engine later this fall that will automate and simplify the payroll tax process. We are rolling out the plan in phases to make it as easy as possible for our clients to get the most out of automation. Learn more about this project from our helpful online resource.
- Vision for the Future. Our product roadmap is our guide and with that we’re working to create and expand a mobile and web solution designed for the needs of a distributed workforce that’s focused on optimizing operations. We gave TEAM Client Conference attendees a sneak peek of what that could look like. We’ll have more information coming in the next several months.
We’ve said it before and it stands true – our goal is to provide value to our clients today, tomorrow and for many years to come. And, the best way to do that is to continue to maintain the customer-technology connection.